Custom Joy-Cons “Game Boy” Mod - Nintendo Switch Retro Gaming Controllers
In 1989, Nintendo released the Game Boy handheld gaming console and changed our childhood forever. A proud successor to the Game & Watch handheld series, the Game Boy quickly became the world’s most popular handheld, creating a gaming legacy we are all part of today.
This Joy-Con mod is a tip of the hat from us to this wonderful piece of gaming tech: The Game Boy icon.
If you were an 80s or 90s kid or maybe you are simply passionate about retro gaming, this set of Joy-Cons is an essential addition to your gaming setup.
It sure tells a lot of stories :)
- Testing: We have a strict testing process that ensures quality before assembly and after. Once the final screws are tightened, your Joy-Cons will go through their final testing cycle, before they ship to you.
- Color Programming: Your Joy-Cons will be Programmed to be displayed on any Switch in their new colors.
- Worried about drift? We test analogue sticks to minimize any chance of drift, and provide a 90-day drift warranty. You can also upgrade to our “anti-drift” analogue sticks by adding them to your order. We’ll assemble them so your Joy-Cons arrive ready to play, drift-free.
- Original Joy-Cons: We use only original Nintendo Joy-Cons, so your custom set will retain all their original functionalities: NFC for reading and writing amiibo data, accelerometers and gyro sensors for motion-control play, “HD Rumble” and motion-IR camera.
- More customization: Want to change any buttons, shells, add LEDs or customize more? Tap the chat button and ask us.
- You’re Covered: Our mods come with a unique care package. Please read our Service & Care tab, or visit here.
We take pride in making everything in our shop ourselves, with a lot of attention to detail and emphasis on quality. Every part, tool, and method we use are chosen carefully so you get the best custom Joy-Con in town :)
Returns, Cancellations & Warranties:
- Had a change of heart? Orders can be cancelled up to 24 hours from the time they are made, for a full refund.
- Unhappy with your controllers for any reason after receiving them? You have 14 days to return them, unused and in their original packaging. Once we have them back in our shop, we will issue a full refund to your original payment method.
- When you order custom controllers from us, you also upgrade your peace of mind when it comes to service: Every Joy-Con order has a 90-day warranty. Beyond the 90 days, we will fix any issue for the cost of shipping and parts alone. Work is always on us, so just let us know as soon as possible if you experience any issue.
When you checkout, please select if you’d like your Joy-Cons to be made out of NEW or REFURBISHED controllers.
Both options are made from original Nintendo Joy-Cons, and look and function exactly the same.
So, what’s the difference?
- Made from New are made from brand new, out-of-the-box Joy-Cons.
- Made from Refurbished are made from fully tested and refurbished original Joy-Cons someone didn’t need anymore. We use new shells, buttons and analogue sticks, so most of what we repurpose from them are internal boards.
We love giving these Joy-Cons a new purpose with brand new parts. It’s not only great for the environment, but also gives you Joy-Cons that have so many stories to tell and are a bit more cost-friendly.