Custom Joy-Con Controllers “The Great Wave off Kanagawa” Nintendo Switch Japanese Aesthetic
The design on these Joy-Con controllers is a Japanese piece named “The Great Wave off Kanagawa”.
Since it’s creation, almost two hundred years ago, it has been interpreted in so many different ways.
FOR US, that’s precisely the beauty of having it on a set of Nintendo Switch controllers:
Customizing Joy-Cons is about self expression and interpretation of what your gaming experience is for YOU.
It is also a perfect fit for Nintendo gaming, with its Japanese roots we are such huge admirers of :) If only the Joy-Cons were big enough to show the entire print :)
If you’re passionate about Japanese aesthetics and art or maybe looking for a gift for a lucky someone,
this set is a beautiful addition to your gaming setup, whether you play mostly handheld or docked.
They feature white buttons and analogue sticks AND you can also choose to Mod the Player LEDs to a beautifully complementing white.
We encourage you to read more about the famous print by Hokusai and find your own personal interpretation of what the great wave means to you.
- Testing: We have a strict testing process that ensures quality before assembly and after. Once the final screws are tightened, your Joy-Cons will go through their final testing cycle, before they ship to you.
- Color Programming: Your Joy-Cons will be Programmed to be displayed on any Switch in their new colors.
- Worried about drift? We test analogue sticks to minimize any chance of drift, and provide a 90-day drift warranty. You can also upgrade to our “anti-drift” analogue sticks by adding them to your order. We’ll assemble them so your Joy-Cons arrive ready to play, drift-free.
- Original Joy-Cons: We use only original Nintendo Joy-Cons, so your custom set will retain all their original functionalities: NFC for reading and writing amiibo data, accelerometers and gyro sensors for motion-control play, “HD Rumble” and motion-IR camera.
- More customization: Want to change any buttons, shells, add LEDs or customize more? Tap the chat button and ask us.
- You’re Covered: Our mods come with a unique care package. Please read our Service & Care tab, or visit here.
We take pride in making everything in our shop ourselves, with a lot of attention to detail and emphasis on quality. Every part, tool, and method we use are chosen carefully so you get the best custom Joy-Con in town :)
Returns, Cancellations & Warranties:
- Had a change of heart? Orders can be cancelled up to 24 hours from the time they are made, for a full refund.
- Unhappy with your controllers for any reason after receiving them? You have 14 days to return them, unused and in their original packaging. Once we have them back in our shop, we will issue a full refund to your original payment method.
- When you order custom controllers from us, you also upgrade your peace of mind when it comes to service: Every Joy-Con order has a 90-day warranty. Beyond the 90 days, we will fix any issue for the cost of shipping and parts alone. Work is always on us, so just let us know as soon as possible if you experience any issue.
When you checkout, please select if you’d like your Joy-Cons to be made out of NEW or REFURBISHED controllers.
Both options are made from original Nintendo Joy-Cons, and look and function exactly the same.
So, what’s the difference?
- Made from New are made from brand new, out-of-the-box Joy-Cons.
- Made from Refurbished are made from fully tested and refurbished original Joy-Cons someone didn’t need anymore. We use new shells, buttons and analogue sticks, so most of what we repurpose from them are internal boards.
We love giving these Joy-Cons a new purpose with brand new parts. It’s not only great for the environment, but also gives you Joy-Cons that have so many stories to tell and are a bit more cost-friendly.