Atomic Purple Joy-Con LED Mod Custom Nintendo Switch Controllers Backlit Buttons with D-Pad
The Atomic Purple transparent purple color scheme was first introduced on the Nintendo N64 controller in 1998 when the console itself was a charcoal black. Later that same year, Nintendo brought to the world the Game Boy Color in Atomic Purple - a handheld design that became LEGENDARY.
This Joy-Con mod is our nocturnal take on the iconic Atomic Purple. It’s fitted with an LED mod that illuminates the clear shells while defining their contours and button symbols in a striking retro-future style :)
The LED mod lets you set up your own favorite colors from: Red, Green, Blue, Lime, Pink, Violet, Teal and two color changing cycles: Blinking or Fade in and out. You can do all of these on your own with a simple button press and hold on each controller.
On the left Joy-Con, an essential left d-pad is a constant reminder of these controllers’ gaming legacy.
If you’d like to mod the color of the Player LEDs (the 4 indicators on the side of each Joy-Con), you can choose a Purple Player LED Mod for a wholistic purple look. Simply choose from the drop down menu.
This design is the ultimate upgrade for a retro-future gaming experience.
- Testing: We have a strict testing process that ensures quality before assembly and after. Once the final screws are tightened, your Joy-Cons will go through their final testing cycle, before they ship to you.
- Color Programming: Your Joy-Cons will be Programmed to be displayed on any Switch in their new colors.
- Worried about drift? We test analogue sticks to minimize any chance of drift, and provide a 90-day drift warranty. You can also upgrade to our “anti-drift” analogue sticks by adding them to your order. We’ll assemble them so your Joy-Cons arrive ready to play, drift-free.
- Original Joy-Cons: We use only original Nintendo Joy-Cons, so your custom set will retain all their original functionalities: NFC for reading and writing amiibo data, accelerometers and gyro sensors for motion-control play, “HD Rumble” and motion-IR camera.
- More customization: Want to change any buttons, shells, add LEDs or customize more? Tap the chat button and ask us.
- You’re Covered: Our mods come with a unique care package. Please read our Service & Care tab, or visit here.
We take pride in making everything in our shop ourselves, with a lot of attention to detail and emphasis on quality. Every part, tool, and method we use are chosen carefully so you get the best custom Joy-Con in town :)
Returns, Cancellations & Warranties:
- Had a change of heart? Orders can be cancelled up to 24 hours from the time they are made, for a full refund.
- Unhappy with your controllers for any reason after receiving them? You have 14 days to return them, unused and in their original packaging. Once we have them back in our shop, we will issue a full refund to your original payment method.
- When you order custom controllers from us, you also upgrade your peace of mind when it comes to service: Every Joy-Con order has a 90-day warranty. Beyond the 90 days, we will fix any issue for the cost of shipping and parts alone. Work is always on us, so just let us know as soon as possible if you experience any issue.
When you checkout, please select if you’d like your Joy-Cons to be made out of NEW or REFURBISHED controllers.
Both options are made from original Nintendo Joy-Cons, and look and function exactly the same.
So, what’s the difference?
- Made from New are made from brand new, out-of-the-box Joy-Cons.
- Made from Refurbished are made from fully tested and refurbished original Joy-Cons someone didn’t need anymore. We use new shells, buttons and analogue sticks, so most of what we repurpose from them are internal boards.
We love giving these Joy-Cons a new purpose with brand new parts. It’s not only great for the environment, but also gives you Joy-Cons that have so many stories to tell and are a bit more cost-friendly.